What is Team Up For 1?
Team Up For 1 Foundation is a charity committed to improve the quality of life for children with developmental disabilities and chronic or life threatening illnesses..
What Does Team Up For 1 do?
Team Up For 1 matches children with chronic and life threatening illnesses or Developmental Disabilities with sports teams across the country. Children become MVP’s as they are the most valuable player EVERY DAY!
Where can I buy TU41 T-shirt?
TU41 T-shirts and other merchandise can be purchased at our TU41 Store.
Where does the money go?
At Team Up For 1 Foundation (TU41), our primary focus is to make every day better for any child with developmental disabilities and/or chronic or life threatening illnesses. We provide programs that help families leave behind their heavy burden and receive support .Thanks to our supporters – we are making a significant and meaningful difference in the lives of these deserving children and their families.
How can I be sure Team Up For 1 Foundation is a legitimate charity?
Team Up For 1 Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, IRS identification number 47-1558094. Our board and staff are committed to the highest standards of ethics and responsibility to donors and volunteers.
How can I donate?
Donating online is your best bet! The process is secure and easy, and this is the most cost-effective way for Team Up For 1 to accept gifts. To make a donation to Team Up For 1 Foundation right now, click here. You’d rather give by check? No problem! You can make your check payable to “Team Up For 1 Foundation.” Please write the name of the participant you’re supporting in the memo line of the check, so they’ll be sure to get credit for your donation. It is also important to complete a donation form (available from your participant or on their web page) and submit it with your check. This helps us acknowledge your donation properly and get you what you’ll need for a tax deduction.
Where should I send my donation form and check?
P.O. Box 41 Stevenson, MD 21153
I am a TU41 Participant collecting donations – what do I do with them?”
Here are some simple guidelines you can follow to ensure that less money goes toward processing donations and more can go to the TU41:
- Prior to your event, please mail check donations directly to Team Up For 1 for quicker processing. Please submit a current donation form for each gift. If you print the form from your participant page, your name will already be filled in for you.
- Closer to the time of your event, put your collected donations in the red participant envelopes found in your participant packet. Checks, cash and their forms go in the red envelope. Please complete the basic information on the participant envelopes.
- Please do not mail cash! To get your cash donations and donor names on your webpage right away, you may enter these donations online and pay for them with your own credit card.
- If you prefer to write a check to cover cash donations, paperclip your check to the donation forms for the gifts and mail it to Team Up For 1.
- Collecting more donations at the event? Great! Just hand them to your event treasurer to add to your participant envelopes if you’ve already turned them in.
- Still getting donations after the event? Terrific! Keep up the good work! Please mail donations and their donation forms to the Team Up For 1 as quickly as possible and submit cash donations using the instructions above.
Will my donations be acknowledged?
Every Team Up For 1 donor is valued and appreciated. If an email address accompanies the donation, gift acknowledgement is immediate. If no email address is available, you will receive a gift acknowledgement through the mail. If you have a question about a gift acknowledgement, contact us or call 443-406- TU41 (8841).
What is a Matching Gift?
Many companies have programs that will match the amount you give to Team Up For 1 — this can make your donation go twice as far (or more!). Please request a matching gift form from your employer (often the Human Resources department) and submit it with your gift, or mail it to Team Up For 1 after making your online gift.
My company will match my gift. Where do I send my matching gift form?
Please send your matching gift form to: Team Up For 1, P.O. Box 41 Stevenson, MD 21153. You can also email your form to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why hasn’t my check been cashed yet?
Donations made by check will post on the website approximately two weeks after we receive them in the mail. Please be patient – We want to make sure every dollar is processed. If you know you’ve sent your proceeds and too much time has passed, contact us at email@example.com